Our Culture: Managing Social Media 24/7
As the social media space explodes, Tempero are well placed to ensure national and international brands maximise their social media investments whether that be via campaigns on social networks or dedicated communities.
Located in the heart of Clerkenwell, Tempero is over 150 strong and growing. If there’s one thing that underwrites our success, it’s our people. We’ve worked hard to develop a great culture and strive to create an exciting and challenging environment for our team to work in.
Tempero is the market leader in social media management and is a prominent member of Industry bodies such as UKCCISS, the IWF and the Home Office Task Force for Child Protection on the Internet.
Our Insights offering
We are one of the most progressive Insights teams in the industry. Our philosophy is ‘human led, algorithm accelerated’. This simple statement codifies the two core tenets of our approach to insights. One, we aim to use the most advanced analytics platforms and big data techniques to maximise the scaling and automation benefits that come with cutting edge technology. Secondly, and more importantly, is that we always ensure our analysts are the ones making the intelligent leaps and drawing deep insight from the technology and data – not the other way around. We strongly believe that people, not machines, are best at making real recommendations and unearthing useful insight.
We provide social media management and social media insight for many well-known and high-profile brands. The Tempero offer includes:
Providing actionable intelligence through human-led monitoring, analysis and reporting.
Protecting brands and users 24/7 in multiple languages across multiple platforms.
Increasing brand loyalty by generating and sustaining compelling content and positive dialogue.
Training & Consultancy:
Empowering organisations to manage innovative, practical campaigns effectively and efficiently.
About the role
Tempero’s Insight team is growing fast and we are looking for a new Social Media Analyst to help us deliver market leading social media analysis for our high profile clients.
We are not just looking for analysts that have experience with the common monitoring platforms. We are looking for creative thinkers that can demonstrate intuitive insight, the ability to find intelligent solutions to problems, and the initiative to design novel approaches to client briefs.
Data and technology should be more than just a job for you. We are looking for people that live and breathe the industry. Our analysts write blog posts, attend local meetups, go to conferences and have personal pet projects. A successful applicant should be able to show a passion for data.
At Tempero, we believe data tells a story. Our work is not just a series of graphs, but a carefully considered data narrative that aims to maximise understanding through context, structure and adherence to good data visualisation principles. We’re looking for analysts that share our view.
You will be required to identify key trends, conversation topics and personalities as present in consumer activity across major social networking platforms, blogs, forums, micro-blogging sites and other emerging social spaces.
You would be expected to work with data of many types, including:
- Various social media sources, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs, mainstream news, forums and more
- Data in both structured (typically analytics) and unstructured (typically text based) forms
- Analyse data via intermediate platforms, such as Radian6, Brandwatch, platform analytics (such as Facebook Insights), Datasift
- The analyst should ideally be able to show some capability with, or at least awareness of, new analysis techniques and technology such as network analysis, machine learning and language processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interrogation and analysis of data using both off the shelf social media monitoring platforms and raw data (eg Excel)
- Demonstration of best practice data visualisation and report layout techniques
- Compile and write reports that demonstrate strong writing skills and the ability to communicate clear, concise insights and recommendations
- Analysis of multiple data sets including social, brand, media and website data
- Social media monitoring including key influencer, conversation and sentiment research
- Responding to client briefs with innovative proposals that utilise cutting edge technology and approaches, while addressing fundamental client requirements
- Best practice dashboard design and delivery
- Work with the Insights Delivery Manager to plan and execute projects that will be delivered on time, to specification and within budget
- Design of training material for insights moderators and other analysts to support projects that require extended teams to execute novel workflows
- Present insights reports to clients, face-to-face
- New business support and provision of insight to supplement new business pitches
- Working with Tempero Account and Community Managers to identify existing client Insight opportunities
- Staying current on the latest developments in data analysis and social media
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Agency experience in a social media analyst or digital/Web analyst role
- You will have previous experience Radian6 (required) and other monitoring platforms such as Brandwatch, Sysomos or Crimson Hexagon. Other analytics platforms such as SocialBakers, SimplyMeasured, Google Analytics etc are also desirable.
- Excellent client-facing skills. The should be comfortable presenting insights reports in person
- Experience of working with multiple data sources including web analytics, media statistics and social media data
- Strong statistical background, with a working knowledge of key concepts such as confidence and sampling best practice
- Strong technical background, with demonstrable coding and technology infrastructure knowledge
- A history of working as part of a broader, integrated team that addresses strategic, tactical or creative aspects of social media is preferred
- You will have a focus on actionable insight – driven by an understanding of our clients business needs and social media strategy
- You should have a strong portfolio that shows a commitment to beautiful and concise data visualisation. Your work should demonstrate an understanding of good information design and a commitment to telling clear, engaging stories with data.
- Multi-lingual analysts are desirable, however all candidates should be able to show a sound methodology for working in non native languages
- You will be highly proficient with MS Excel and Powerpoint
- As well as being an active member of a close knit team, you will be expected to operate under your own initiative and have the ambition to make a significant contribution to the Tempero Insight offer
Candidates must email a CV and covering letter (with a social media analysis report sample and a link to at least two of their current social profiles) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social profile examples include LinkedIn, Twitter or a personal/professional blog.
All applicants must be available immediately and be eligible to work in the UK.
We are looking for both freelance and permanent candidates.